Steamed Tofu with Ground Pork is a Chinese dish of steamed silken tofu topped with savoury minced meat sauce seasoned with soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- 1 large block silken tofu
- 150 g minced pork, 20% fat
- 2 pcs dried shiitake, rehydrated and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps, rehydrated and finely chopped
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsp chilli bean paste
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce, to taste
- ground white pepper
- Place tofu in a heat resistant ceramic platter, steam in high heat for 5 minutes.
- While tofu is steaming, prepare the sauce. In a wok heat a small amount of oil. Add the minced pork, dried shrimps, chilli bean paste and garlic then stir fry until fat starts to render.
- In a bowl combine water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar, bring it to a boil.
- Add the spring onions, sesame oil and ground white pepper, cook for 30 more seconds then turn the heat off.
- Turn the steamer off, remove tofu from the steamer, pour meat sauce on top of tofu then serve.