Inaslum is a Filipino vegetable soup dish from Romblon prepared with any available fresh vegetables in the region in season, common vegetables used are bottle gourd, okra, snake beans and water spinach.
- 2 cups sliced bottle gourd (upo)
- 12 pcs okra, sliced in half
- 1 bunch sitaw, cut into 1 1/2-inch sections
- 1 bunch spinach or kang kong
- 150 g fatty pork, sliced
- 1 large while onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- In a pot add a small amount of oil the add pork, let the fat render and cook until brown.
- Add garlic and onions, sauté until fragrant,
- Add sitaw, okra and upo. Pour enough water to cover the vegetables, then bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, season with fish sauce. Cover the pot then turn the heat off, let the residual heat cook the vegetables. Serve with Taghilaw or any meat viands.