Chao Fan is a Filipino Chinese fried rice dish prepared with day-old left-over rice stir fried with meats like pork together with vegetables like spring onions, green peas and corn.
- 5 cups day old leftover cooked rice
- 150 g fatty pork belly, cubed
- 6 pcs squid balls, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp Maggi savor seasoning
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks spring onions, white and green part separated, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- Season pork belly with salt and freshly ground black pepper then add it into the wok. Stir fry pork belly until golden brown in colour.
- Add squid balls, garlic and white sections of the spring onions, continue to stir fry for one minute.
- Separate rice kernels using your wet hands, it should be fluffed before adding it to the wok. Now add the rice and corn to the wok then stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Using your spatula push the rice on the side of the wok then crack eggs on the empty side and scramble it thoroughly.
- Once eggs are cooked, chop it into pieces using your spatula, once eggs are separated into small pieces, stir fry it with the rice
- Add the green part of the spring onions and the green peas.
- Pour in the soy sauce, fish sauce, Sriracha sauce, curry powder and sesame oil then continue to stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Season with salt (if needed) then serve.