Zucchini Fritti or Courgette fritti is an Italian dish of matchstick sliced courgettes lightly battered and deep fried
- 6 pcs fresh courgettes, thin shoestring slices
- oil for frying
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1½ cup ice cold water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- In a big mixing bowl add ice cubes and place a smaller bowl on top.
- Mix all batter ingredients lightly on the smaller bowl, just enough to make the flour moist, do not over mix.
- Heat oil to 180C in a deep fryer.
- Now dip 1 slice of courgettes at a time in the cold batter, then place it gently into the fryer. Cooking a small batch at a time. Cook for around 30 seconds minute or until it is light brown in colour.
- Scoop out everything in the fryer, place in a towel lined plate.
- Place in a serving plate, top it with grated Parmesan cheese then serve.