Chicken Adobo with Pineapples is a type of adobo cooked with chicken, pineapples and pineapple syrup. Usually adobo when sweet uses sugar but with the use of Pineapples it gives a nice fruity twist.
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 225 g can Pineapple chunks in syrup, reserve syrup
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup Philippine Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch diluted in 3 tbsp water
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- 2 tbsp whole pepper corns
- In a large wok sauté garlic in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove garlic from wok and set it aside.
- Add chicken and fry until brown on all sides.
- Add water, vinegar, soy sauce, syrup from pineapple in can, peppercorn, bay leaves and sugar then bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Drain the liquid and in heat proof container then continue to cook chicken until dry and starts to fry again. Re-fry on its own oil for 5 minutes.
- Mix diluted cornstarch in the drained liquid then pour the mixture back into the wok together with the pineapples.
- Simmer for additional 5 minutes then serve topped with the fried garlic that was set aside on step 1.
How much oil? How much sugar????
Ooops sorry I forgot to add the amount of sugar. Updated the ingredients list now. As for the oil, use just enough to sauté the garlic
What do you do with the garlic and oil that you set aside from step 1?
Updated the recipe to reflect.