Chicken Adobo with Pineapples is a type of adobo cooked with chicken, pineapples and pineapple syrup. Usually adobo when sweet uses sugar but with the use of Pineapples it gives a nice fruity twist.
- In a large wok sauté garlic in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add chicken and fry until brown on all sides.
- Add water, vinegar, soy sauce, syrup from pineapple in can, peppercorn, bay leaves and sugar then bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Drain the liquid and in heat proof container then continue to cook chicken until dry and starts to fry again. Re-fry on its own oil for 5 minutes.
- Mix diluted cornstarch in the drained liquid then pour the mixture back into the wok together with the pineapples.
- Simmer for additional 5 minutes then serve.