Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Wings is type of fried chicken coated with butter and salted duck egg yolks
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- oil for deep frying
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Salted Egg Yolk Sauce
- 6 pcs salted egg yolks, mashed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc birds eye chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- curry leaves from 2 sprigs
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a bowl combine together beaten eggs, garlic and chicken wings, set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine together all flour coating ingredients.
- Prepare a deep fryer or wok filled with oil, heat oil to 180C.
- Dip each win into the flour mixture then gently place it on the hot oil, do it with the remaining wings then deep fry for 8-10 minutes depending on how big the chicken wings are. Remove from oil then drain in paper towel lined plate.
- In saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic, chillies and curry leaves. Add salted egg yolks, cream and sugar then cook for a minute.
- Toss in fried chicken wings in this mixture, making sure everything is covered with the sauce. Serve.