Graham de Leche is a Filipino dessert made with layers of Leche Flan, sweetened whipped cream and Graham Crackers
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 400 g can condensed milk
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 24 pcs graham crackers
- 500 ml fresh cream, chilled
- 400 g can condensed milk, chilled
- In a non-stick pan, combine sugar and water together, bring it to a boil and cook until it caramelizes.
- Divide and pour caramelized sugar into two bread pans. Let the caramel solidify and cool down.
- In a mixing bowl add evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla then mix well.
- Divide and pour mixture in your bread pan
- Cover the bread pan with an aluminium foil then steam for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool then refrigerate.
- Prepare your whipped cream, place fresh cream in a chilled mixing bowl and whip until peaks form.
- Fold in the condensed milk then set aside.
- Remove your leche flan from the fridge, place a layer of whipped cream on top then top it one layer of graham crackers, one layer will be approximately 4 graham crackers. Repeat the process until you have three layers of graham and cream, finish top with a cream layer.
- Chill Graham de Leche, let the graham crackers soften before serving. For best results let it chill in the refrigerator for a day.
Graham de Leche can be frozen, remove from the freezer minutes before serving, it does not solidify so you don’t need to worry about thawing.