Graham de Leche is a Filipino dessert made with layers of Leche Flan, sweetened whipped cream and Graham Crackers
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 400 g can condensed milk
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 24 pcs graham crackers
- 500 ml fresh cream, chilled
- 400 g can condensed milk, chilled
- In a non-stick pan, combine sugar and water together, bring it to a boil and cook until it caramelizes.
- Divide and pour caramelized sugar into two bread pans. Let the caramel solidify and cool down.
- In a mixing bowl add evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla then mix well.
- Divide and pour mixture in your bread pan
- Cover the bread pan with an aluminium foil then steam for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool then refrigerate.
- Prepare your whipped cream, place fresh cream in a chilled mixing bowl and whip until peaks form.
- Fold in the condensed milk then set aside.
- Remove your leche flan from the fridge, place a layer of whipped cream on top then top it one layer of graham crackers, one layer will be approximately 4 graham crackers. Repeat the process until you have three layers of graham and cream, finish top with a cream layer.
- Chill Graham de Leche, let the graham crackers soften before serving. For best results let it chill in the refrigerator for a day.
Graham de Leche can be frozen, remove from the freezer minutes before serving, it does not solidify so you don’t need to worry about thawing.
hi, what’s the recommendad pan size?
I used the regular sized loaf pan