Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta is a type of pasta prepared with Chicken and Mushrooms on a creamy sauce on penne topped with quick melting cheese
- 400 g penne
- 350 g boneless chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup quick melt cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- olive oil
- Generously season chicken thighs with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a large pan add olive oil then cook and brown chicken thighs on both sides. Remove from the pan then set aside.
- Add more oil if needed then sauté garlic and onions until onions are soft.
- Add the mushroom and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock bring to a boil then add the penne, cook uncovered for 10 minutes in medium heat. Stir occasionally so pasta does not stick together. After 10 minutes stock should have reduced and absorbed by the pasta.
- Add the evaporated milk, parmesan cheese, dried basil and chicken, bring back to a boil then simmer in medium low heat for 6 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and extra parmesan, if desired. Serve