Cauliflower, Squash, Coconut & Lentil Curry is a freestyle curry dish prepared with Cauliflower, Squash and Lentil cooked with pork in coconut sauce seasoned with garam masala, turmeric and coriander.
- 1/2 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 small butternut squash, cubed
- 100 g red lentils
- 150 g fatty pork belly, cubed
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 200 ml water
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- handful coriander, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan add pork and a bit of water, place in medium heat and cook until fat has rendered, and pork starts to turn brown.
- Add onions, garlic, chillies, garam masala and turmeric then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lentils, coconut milk and water, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the squash and cauliflower then continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, mix then turn heat off.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander.