Binagoongan Baboy sa Gata is a type of Filipino pork stew dish derived from binagoongan where instead of just vinegar and water pork is cooked with coconut milk giving it a creamy taste
- In a pot add oil and brown the pork on all sides. Remove then set aside.
- Now add the garlic and onions then sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and stir fry until tomatoes are soft.
- Now bring back the pork then add vinegar, 1/2 of the coconut milk bay leaves and water, simmer for 45 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add in the bagoong, remaining coconut milk, sugar and finger chillies then continue mixing until liquid has reduced.
- Season with freshly ground pepper.