Balsamic Short Ribs is a slow cooked beef rib dish cooked in balsamic vinegar with simple aromatics like garlic, onions and thyme.
- Season ribs with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a large cast iron pan heat oil then brown ribs on all sides. Set ribs aside.
- Using the same pan add oil if necessary, then sauté onions until it starts to caramelize.
- Add garlic, tomato paste and thyme, cook for one more minute.
- Pour vinegar bring to a boil, continue for 2 minutes.
- Place ribs in a slow cooker, pour the vinegar mixture then add the broth. Slow cook in low setting for 8 hours.
- Place ribs in a serving platter.
- Pour liquid in a sauce pan. Whisk flour in water, pour in the saucepan then cook liquid until thick and reduced. Pour sauce on top of ribs then serve.