Anchovy and Bacon Fried Cabbage is a nice tasty simple side dish prepared with cabbage, shitake, brown mushrooms braised in bacon and anchovies
- In a wok heat oil in medium heat, add bacon then cook until crispy, remove from wok then set aside leaving the oil in the wok.
- Add the garlic and shallots, sauté until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms, stir fry for a minute.
- Add anchovies, cook further in low heat for a minute.
- Add the cabbage, stir fry for 30 seconds then add the water from rehydrating the shiitake mushrooms. Bring heat to high, let it boil then lower heat, cover wok then simmer for 4 minutes or until cabbage is cooked.
- Mix in the cooked bacon, turn heat off then place in serving bowl. Serve.