Tinapa Fried Rice
Tired of usual sinangag or yang chow then try something new, the Tinapa Fried Rice. Tinapa Fried Rice is a Filipino style fried rice prepared with left over rice, smoked fish flakes from tinapa with eggs, spring onions and turmeric, it’s a nice replacement to the usual fried rice you had tried. Its good on its own, with fried meats and even better grilled meats and seafood. Its unique on its own due to the flavours of the flaked tinapa plus the garlic and spring onions.
- Breakdown the cooked rice using your hands, making sure they are fully fluffed and there are no lumps.
- In a wok, heat oil in medium heat then sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Add smoked fish then continue until its golden brown and slightly crispy on the edges.
- Add turmeric and rice, bring heat to high then continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Push rice to the sides then pour the egg, let it cook and do not mix. Once egg is cooked break it down and mix it with the rice.
- Add spring onions then continue to stir fry for two more minutes.
- Season with Maggi savor and freshly ground black pepper. Taste and add salt depending on your preference.