Taghilaw is a Filipino stew of pork and offal such as intestines, liver and kidneys sautéed with garlic and onions then cooked in vinegar.
- 300 g pork neck, cubed
- 300 g pork small intestines, sliced
- 100 g pork liver, cubed
- 1 pc pork heart, cubed
- small piece of pig’s brain
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cups pork stock
- 3 pcs birds eye chillies
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 2 pcs onion, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Generously season pork pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add intestines, pork neck and heart in the pot, cook until slightly brown on the edges.
- Pour vinegar and pork stock, bring it to boil. Cover wok then slowly simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add liver, bread crumbs and chillies, continue to cook for 15 more minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if needed. Turn heat off then serve.