Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry is a curry dish prepared with boneless chicken cooked with curry spices alongside sweet potatoes and lentils in coconut milk.
- 750 g boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 medium sized purple sweet potato, cubed
- 1 medium sized yellow sweet potato, cubed
- 150 g green beans, sliced
- 1/4 cup red split lentils
- 400 g can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pcs small shallots, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- fish sauce
- In a large wok add oil then sauté garlic, shallots and ginger. Cook until fragrant and aromatic.
- Add chillies and curry powder fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken then lightly brown on all sides.
- Pour chicken stock, coconut milk and add the red split lentils, bring to a boil then simmer in medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, green beans and coconut cream, bring heat to medium then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce then serve.
I’ve been making a lot of coconut curries lately so I’m thrilled to see your recipe. It’s next!
Making this for my man! He’ll love it.