Cheesy Fried Wedges
Cheese Powder at last I saw you, I was in search for you for the longest time. The last time I had this is when we left Philippines early 2000’s where I enjoyed it in French fries, popcorn and sweet corn. During those days I suppose this powered was just a flavouring until recently. I so loved this, I searched so hard, even tried several Amazon offerings but it was not the flavour I was looking for. Pino Plusin North Shore then opened and after one just after visiting them randomly I saw this Cheesemiss, I literally jumped for joy as this might be the one I was looking for, indeed it was and here we are making some Cheesy Fried Wedges.
- 2 large potatoes, thick cut skin on
- Cheesemiss cheese powder
- sour cream
- Heat oil in a deep fryer, once temperature is around 120C add the potatoes. Yes this is still cold for deep frying and this method makes it fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Let the oil heat until 180C this will take around 5-6 minutes, once it reached the 180 mark, raise the deep fryer container up and down, out of the oil and into the air and shake the potatoes once every minute. Shaking creates the rough edges on the potatoes which creates crispiness on odd sections of the chips. Continue to cook for 6-8 minutes or until crispy on the outside and golden brown.
- Drain potatoes of excess oil, let it cool down in a cooling rack, this crisps out the outside layer then sprinkle cheese powder to your hearts content.
- Serve in bowls topped with sour cream.