Cheesy Fried Wedges is a simple thick cut deep fried potatoes with crispy outer surface and soft and fluffy insides coated with cheese powder and served with sour cream
- 2 large potatoes, thick cut skin on
- Cheesemiss cheese powder
- sour cream
- Heat oil in a deep fryer, once temperature is around 120C add the potatoes. Yes this is still cold for deep frying and this method makes it fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Let the oil heat until 180C this will take around 5-6 minutes, once it reached the 180 mark, raise the deep fryer container up and down, out of the oil and into the air and shake the potatoes once every minute. Shaking creates the rough edges on the potatoes which creates crispiness on odd sections of the chips. Continue to cook for 6-8 minutes or until crispy on the outside and golden brown.
- Drain potatoes of excess oil, let it cool down in a cooling rack, this crisps out the outside layer then sprinkle cheese powder to your hearts content.
- Serve in bowls topped with sour cream.