Tinumtuman is a dish from the Bicol Region in the Philippines prepared with thinly sliced bamboo shoots, coconut milk and clams sautéed in ginger, garlic and onions.
- In a pot add water and bamboo shoots then boil for 30 minutes if using the non-fresh ones. Once tender drain let it cool then squeeze out water.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic, ginger, chillies and onions.
- Add bamboo shoots, coconut milk and reserved clam juice then bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes in medium heat until liquid is reduced. Add water if needed.
- Add coconut cream and clams, season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then simmer for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Serve with freshly cooked steamed rice.