Ginisang Pechay with Ground Pork and Shrimp
Ginisang Pechay is almost a staple in Filipino household due to its affordability, nutritional value and ease of preparation. Preparation wise there are many ways to cook this some with cubed pork, minced pork, shrimps, chicken, tofu, tuna, fried fish, Chinese sausage and many more. Preparation is mostly the same where it starts with a sauté of garlic and onions, followed by your choice of protein then finished off with chopped pechay. Today we will be making a special version where we will cook it with fatty minced pork, shrimps and tomatoes, not the usual way to cook it as shrimps back home are expensive hence varieties like this are served on special occasions where it accompanies grilled seafood or meat.
So, is today special? Yes, for me every day is special!
- In a pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Once onions are soft add minced pork then cook until it renders fat and turn brown.
- Add tomatoes then continue to cook until soft.
- Add shrimp and bok choy, stir fry for 2 minutes in high heat.
- Add shrimp stock then bring it to a boil, simmer in high heat for 3 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and ground black pepper. Turn heat off then serve.