Steak with Garlic Butter is a simple dish of pan seared steaks served with garlic infused butter compound
- 4 pcs rib eye steaks bone in, around 1 1/4-inch-thick in room temperature
- 12 tbsp butter (3 tbsp per steak)
- 12 sprigs thyme (3 sprigs per steak)
- pink Himalayan salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- canola oil or any unflavoured oil
Garlic Butter Compound
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp basil, chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Combine together garlic butter compound ingredients, place in a parchment paper shape into a cube or log then place in the fridge, set it aside until ready to use.
- Dry steaks with paper towels on all sides.
- Season steaks with pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper then let it sit in room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a heavy bottomed cast iron skillet, heat oil in high heat then once its smoking add steak and cook (in batches if you have a small skillet) for 2 minutes on each side or until a nice crust arrears.
- Lower heat to medium, add the butter and thyme, once butter melts continuously baste it with butter and occasional turn over steak for 6-8 minutes. You will need to tilt your skillet to scoop the melted butter for basting.
- Remove from skillet then let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve with slices of garlic butter compound