Strawberry Taho is a new take on the traditional taho where instead of the classic arnibal a strawberry syrup is used.
- Top grade tofu jelly
- 2 cups strawberries, trimmed and sliced in quarters
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch, diluted in 1/4 cup water
- Prepare your strawberry syrup by combining all strawberry syrup apart from cornstarch in a sauce pan. Place it in stove top over medium heat, bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes until strawberries are very soft.
- In a small bowl dilute cornstarch in 1/4 cup water. Pour this mixture into the pan then continue to simmer in low heat for 5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Remove from heat then set it aside.
- Cook tapioca pearls according to packet instructions but add sugar on it, the amount of sugar will be like the amount of sago pearls (1-part sugar to 1-part sago pearls) also add several drops of red food colour to give it that red colour.
- Once cooked set it aside and let it cool.
- Place tofu in heat proof mugs the place it on a steamer, cover mug with cling wrap or small saucer to prevent water from coming in then steam for 15 minutes, you can also use microwave for 90 seconds each full mug but steaming yields better result.
- Remove mugs from steamer then top it with strawberry syrup and sago pearls. Serve it while hot.