Bringhe is a Filipino rice dish served usually on special occasions, it is commonly prepared with glutinous rice, chicken, chorizo, peppers, raisins, peas and coconut milk
- 500 g boneless chicken thigh meat, cubed
- 1 pc chorizo, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup glutinous rice, rinsed well
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed well
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- quartered hard boiled eggs, to garnish
- Heat oil in a wide pan or thick-bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Add chorizo and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from pan then set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper then cook for 3 minutes on each side, remove from pan then set aside.
- Add more oil into the pan then sauté garlic and onions, cook onions until it turns translucent.
- Add rice and turmeric then continue to cook in medium heat, while stirring for a minute.
- Pour coconut milk and broth, top with chicken, chorizo, bell peppers, green peas, and raisins. Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then cover the pan. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is fully cooked and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, garnish with eggs then serve.