Flan de Mansanas is a Filipino dessert prepared with tart apples blended with creamy sweetened condensed milk then steamed or water bathed
- In a saucepan combine water and tart apples, bring to a boil then simmer until soft for 15 minutes.
- Mash the apples with fork then let it cool down.
- Mix mashed apples with condensed milk and the beaten eggs.
- Place two tablespoons of brown sugar on each llanera, place over stove top in low heat, melt the sugar and tilt llanera to distribute melted sugar in the llaneras surface.
- Divide apple mixture into three then pour into the llaneras. Cover the llanera with aluminium foil then place in a water bath.
- Cook the flan in a 170c preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let it cool. Once it has cooled down, chill in the refrigerator prior to serving.
- Remove from llaneras over to a plate then serve.