Clam and Vegetable Fritters
You won’t believe I made this dish with leftover vegetables I have on my bin, with a bit of squash, cabbage, spring onions and creativity we created this delicious dish of Clam and Vegetable Fritters. It was inspired by two different dishes, the Filipino Ukoy and the Japanese Okonomiyaki, basically the squash from Ukoy then cabbage and spring onions from Okonomiyaki, I just added the clam meat as my protein as these morsels are a tasty addition to the almost bland cabbage. A simple side dish you can enjoy with noodles, dumplings or soups, give it a try and let me know how it went for you.
- 1 packed cup steamed clam meat, chopped
- 1 packed cup squash, julienned
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 1½ packed cup cabbage, julienned
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp clam juice, from steaming clams
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine all ingredients apart from oil, mix it well by hand making sure everything is well incorporated.
- Heat up oil on a non-stick pan.
- Shape them into small patties then pan fry in batches. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan then serve with sweet spicy vinegar dip.