Chicken Hamonado is a Filipino dish of Chicken pieces and pineapples cooked in pineapple juice and soy sauce
- 1.5 kg chicken drumettes
- 400 g can pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- In a bowl marinate chicken in lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set it aside and let it marinate for an hour.
- In a large wok heat oil then brown chicken drumettes on all sides. Remove from wok then set it aside.
- Add oil if needed then sauté garlic and onions.
- Pour the soy sauce, pineapple juice and sugar then once boiling add the chicken back. Simmer in low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the pineapples with the juice then continue to simmer for 15 more minutes in high heat or until the sauce had thickened.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then serve with steamed rice.