Pork Tausi is a Filipino dish inspired from the Chinese cuisine prepared with thin slices of pork belly stir fried in a garlic, shallots and ginger served with fermented salted black beans.
- Heat oil in wok then brown pork slices until brown on the edges.
- Push pork on the side then add garlic, ginger, onions and red chillies, sauté until fragrant. Now stir and combine with pork.
- In a large bowl mash the back beans with the back of you spoon, add the soy sauce, sugar and water. Bring heat to high then pour the sauce.
- Bring to a boil while continuously stir frying, lower heat then simmer covered for 20 minutes. Bring heat to high on the last couple of minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Stir to mix the sauce evenly then season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if needed. Serve.