Oyster Mushroom Miso Soup is a soup prepared with oyster mushrooms, carrots, leeks, spring onions and celery in a dashi and miso stock base.
- 200 g oyster mushrooms, bigger pieces roughly torn
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 4 cups dashi stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 stalk leeks, thinly sliced, white part only
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
- In a soup pot add oil then sauté leeks and celery then cook until soft.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour dashi stock and water. Add oyster mushrooms, miso, carrots, lemongrass, tamari, lemon juice and rice vinegar, mix well then bring it to a boil then simmer in low heat for 25 minutes.
- Turn heat off then serve topped with toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.