Tinanglarang Manok is a Filipino chicken soup dish cooked with garlic, ginger, onions and loads of lemongrass giving it a vibrant fresh taste.
- In a pot heat oil and sauté garlic, onions and ginger. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes in high heat browning all sides.
- Add chicken stock, lemongrass and lemon peel, bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes, if you are not using free range 25 minutes would be enough.
- Add spinach and lemon juice, cover and simmer for 1 more minute.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground pepper.