Kinamunggayang Manok is a Filipino soup dish prepared with chicken, banana blossoms and moringa leaves in a broth infused with aromatics such as ginger, garlic and red onions.
- Soak banana blossoms in 3 cups of water with 2 tbsp salt. Set is aside for 2 hours.
- In a pot heat oil and sauté garlic, onions and ginger. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes in high heat browning all sides.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes, if you are not using free range 20 minutes would be enough.
- Add banana blossom and simmer for additional 10 minutes
- Add malunggay leaves, cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground pepper.