Broccoli and Prawn Sambal Stir Fry is a simple stir fry dish of broccoli and prawns in a spicy sweet sambal sauce
- 400g shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 8 pcs mushroom, sliced
- 3 tbsp sambal tumis
- 3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- peanut oil
- Prepare a pot of boiling water with 1 tbsp salt then add broccoli florets for 1 minute. Remove and drain broccoli then place in a bowl of cold water. This stops the cooking process and makes the vegetables crisp and vibrant.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok then add shrimp, garlic and shallots, stir fry until shrimps turn pink. Using a slotted spoon remove shrimps then set aside.
- Add mushroom, celery and carrots then stir fry for two minutes in high heat.
- Add broccoli then continue stir fry for 30 seconds
- Add the sambal belachan and Chinese cooking wine, stir fry for 30 seconds making sure the sauce it evenly distributed
- Add the shrimps back then mix well, season with fish sauce and freshly ground pepper.
Lovely! Love the colours! Can’t go wrong with prawns!