Beef and Tendon Curry is a fusion dish of Penang curry spices and traditional curry powder in coconut where beef brisket and beef tendons are simmered until fork tender alongside floury potatoes.
- Generously season beef brisket and beef tendons with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy pot add some ghee then brown beef brisket on all sides, once browned remove beef brisket then set aside.
- Add onions and sauté until they turn soft.
- Add garlic, ginger and curry leaves then sauté for a minute
- Add Penang curry paste, curry powder, beef brisket, beef tendons, beef stock and 1 can of coconut milk. Bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 2 1/2 hours or until tendons is soft
- Add potatoes and simmer again for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining coconut milk, put heat on high then bring to a boil then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the sugar then season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Serve with freshly cooked jasmine rice.