Yusi is an Ilocano stew made from fatty chopped pork neck, pork, liver, chives and a dark seaweed similar to the Japanese nori called gamet
- Season pork neck with salt and pepper.
- In a pot a small amount of water then add in the pork. Cook until pork renders fat, continue to cook until pork is brown.
- Add garlic, shallots and ginger, then cook until aromatic.
- Add pork stock, bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes in low heat.
- Add liver then continue to cook for 8 minutes
- Add the chives and gamet then cook for 2 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then serve.