Choy Sum Clam Stir Fry
Freestyling again today and now I am tasked to make a very tasty vegetable dish and I know just how to achieve that. Usually green leafy vegetables are quite bitter, and some are quite tasteless, we are going to change that today by giving the humble choy sum a big boost in flavour. To achieve that, clams is what I have in mind, these sea creatures are packed with ocean goodness, I love using this as an ingredient as it gives tons of flavour where ever it is used, in pasta, in soups, even in breads now let’s just use that in vegetables.
We are not just using clams as it is, we will even use the water we used for steaming then reducing it to give much more flavour, to add into that we are also using oyster sauce and soy sauce and the result is something for you to try, I don’t know why I haven’t learned this before.
- In a pot pour water and bring it to a boil, once boiling add clams, cover the pot then cook until all clams have opened.
- Remove clams from the pot, reserve the liquid. Remove clams from the shells, discard the shells then set aside clam meat.
- In a wok all oil then sauté garlic and shallots. Add the reserved liquid, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Simmer until liquid is reduced.
- Add the choy sum and clams, cook while stirring until vegetables are wilted but not over cooked.
- Remove from wok then serve.