Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry is a vegetable dish prepared with stir fried tofu and green beans in a sauce made out of sesame oil, peanut butter, soy sauce and lime juice.
- 1 large block firm tofu, cubed
- 250 g green beans, sliced and trimmed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 pcs shallots sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Deep fry tofu in 180C oil until golden brown and crispy, set aside and let it drain excess oil
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add the green beans and chilli then continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice and maple syrup. Stir fry and mix well to distribute the sauce evenly. You might need to add a bit of water.
- Add the tofu and sesame oil stir fry for one more minute then serve hot.
When do you add the lime?
Apologies I forgot to add it on the steps. Thanks for letting me know, I updated the recipe now.