Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry
When cooking green beans our go to recipe is a simple stir fry with pork and soy sauce and it is a common Filipino recipe which is quite popular in most household, it’s one of those easy go to recipe that is both healthy and nutritious but sometime you want something different and if that happens then give this recipe for today a shot. Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry is a nearly similar dish but instead of pork I used crispy deep-fried tofu and flavoured it with some peanut butter and maple syrup the result was amazing, try it!
- Deep fry tofu in 180C oil until golden brown and crispy, set aside and let it drain excess oil
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add the green beans and chilli then continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir fry and mix well to distribute the sauce evenly. You might need to add a bit of water.
- Add the tofu and sesame oil stir fry for one more minute then serve hot.