Guiso is a Kapampangan dish of pork, chicken, hotdogs and liver cooked with tomato sauce and pickles, it may look like a menudo, but it tastes differently, its sweet and tangy
- In a pot add oil gently brown pork belly on all sides in medium heat this will take around 15 minutes. Remove pork from pot then set it aside.
- Put the onions and garlic in the pot then sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and pork, cook for 5 minutes while constantly stirring
- Add the hotdogs and bay leaf then pour the chopped tomatoes and pickle juice. Give it a mix then cover the pot and let it cook in medium low heat for 30 minutes in low heat. Occasionally mix it to prevent the meat from burning below.
- Add the pork liver, mix it to distribute evenly then continue to cook in medium low heat for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, turn heat off then serve.
If you can’t find pickle juice you can make them by combining 2/3 cup water, 1/3 cup white vinegar, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp salt.