What if you use beer and fizzy lemonade on your Pinakbet? Check this link out and find out
- 2 small Asian eggplant, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 300 g okra, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ squash or buttercup, sliced roughly 1 inch
- 1 large bitter melon, sliced
- 150 g shrimps, shelled and deveined (optional)
- 150 g pork belly, cubed
- 4 pcs tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ head garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp bagoong alamang
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup 7-up or Sprite
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 tbsp annatto powder, dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- olive oil
- In a pan sauté garlic and onion in olive oil.
- Add pork pieces and brown evenly.
- Add tomatoes and cook until are soft and mushy.
- Add squash and okra continuously pan frying for 2 minutes, bring the heat to low and cover for 5 minutes
- Add bitter melon and eggplants pan fry pan fry for additional 2 minutes.
- Add beer, 7-up or Sprite dissolved annatto powder shrimps and bagoong, cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes in medium heat until vegetables are cooked.
- Season with pepper add fish sauce/salt if needed.