Hot Sliced Fish and Vegetable Soup is a simple soup dish of thinly sliced fish fillets and Asian greens cooked in a fish stock infused with chilli oil, sesame oil and spices.
- 500 g white fish fillets, sliced and lightly coated with corn flour
- 1 large bunch choy sum, chopped
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 8 pcs shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cups dashi stock or Ikan Bilis stock
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 pcs shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ground white pepper
- In a soup pot add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and shallots.
- Pour stock then bring it to a boil.
- Add mushroom and simmer for 10 minutes in low heat.
- Add vegetables, chilli oil then season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Add the fish pieces a slice at a time to prevent them sticking together then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sesame oil and spring onions, turn heat off then serve.