Batsui is a Filipino style soup prepared with pork meat, pork spleen, pork kidneys and pork liver together with ginger and flour vermicelli
- 350 g pork belly, sliced into small cubes
- 100 g pork spleen, sliced into small cubes
- 100 g pork pancreas, sliced into small cubes
- 100 g pork kidneys, sliced into small cubes
- 2 bunches/segments misua (roughly 75–100 g)
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups pork stock
- 1 thumb sized ginger, finely sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
- birds eye chillies, to serve
- In a wok add oil then brown pork pieces and offal, remove from wok then set aside.
- Add and sauté garlic, onions and ginger.
- Add water and pork stock, bring to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add misua and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper, garnish with spring onions and birds eye chillies then serve.