Cheesy Seafood Tteokbokki is a type of Tteokbokki cooked loaded with seafood and cheese, finished off in the oven to melt the cheese topping.
- 350 g Tteok for Tteokbokki (Korean rice cake)
- 175 g fish cake, sliced
- 6 pcs large prawns
- 2 pcs medium squid, pineapple cut
- 6 pcs scallops
- 100 g surimi, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups dashi stock
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup grated quick melt, processed or Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil, add rice cake and soak it for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- In a large pan combine dashi stock, gochujang, soy sauce and brown sugar, bring it to a boil.
- Drain rice cakes then add into the boiling sauce, reduce heat to low then cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish cakes, prawns, squid, scallops and surimi and cook for 5 more minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in the spring onions.
- Top with cheese then place in a 200C preheated oven then bake until top turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven then serve.