Pinakufu is a deep-fried glutinous rice dough coated with dried brown sugar syrup.
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cooking oil
- In a bowl add the glutinous rice flour, gently add water while mixing with your fingers until it forms a dough. Final texture should be similar to a bread dough.
- Knead to form into a large ball then divide them into smaller balls similar size to ping pongs. Flatten the balls to form an oval shape then set it aside.
- Prepare a wok filled with oil, heat to 180C. Deep fry glutinous rice dough until golden brown. Remove from wok, drain then let it rest on paper towel lined plates.
- Prepare your glaze, in a work add 1/2 cup of water, 1 cup brown sugar and salt. Bring it to a boil until it becomes a thick syrup. Add the fried glutinous rice dough, coat it evenly and continue to cook until its nearly dried. Once its dried remove from pan then serve.