Gochujang Eggplant and Pork is an East Asian inspired dish prepared with stir fried pork pieces and eggplant cooked with gochujang and black beans.
- 400 g pork shoulder chops, thinly sliced
- 6 Chinese eggplants, sliced
- 4 stalks spring onions, chopped whites and greens separated
- 3 tbsp Gochujang
- 2 tbsp fermented black beans, mashed
- 1/2 cup dashi stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- white ground pepper
- In a bowl combine soy sauce and cornstarch, mix well then add the pork pieces, toss to coat evenly then set it aside.
- Prepare a wok, add oil then on high heat stir fry pork pieces for a minute.
- Add white parts of spring onions, ginger and garlic then continue to sauté for 30 seconds.
- In a bowl combine black beans, Gochujang and dashi stock mix well then pour into the wok. Bring to a boil then add the eggplants. Cover wok then continue to boil in medium high heat for 3 minutes adding a bit of water if it dries out.
- Season with salt and white ground pepper, add the green part of spring onions, toss then turn heat off.
- Place in serving platters then serve while hot.