Sinanta is a Filipino noodle dish from Cagayan Valley which is prepared with flat egg noodles, rice vermicelli, spring onions, clams, chicken and pork in an annatto infused broth.
- 1 kg clams
- 1 kg chicken frames
- In a pot place chicken frames and salt, pour enough water to cover everything then bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes in low heat.
- Add the clams then continue to simmer until clams are cooked and opened.
- Using a colander separate stock from the solids. If your chicken frames are meaty, remove the meat then set it aside. Separate meat from the clam shell then set it aside.
- In another pot add oil then brown pork pieces.
- Add garlic and shallots then sauté until fragrant.
- Add annatto powder, hibe and squid balls, then continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the in the stock, add back the pork and chicken meat extracted from the chicken frames if any. Bring it to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes. Top up with water if needed.
- Add the separated clam meat then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Turn heat off.
- Cook flat egg noodles according to packet instructions, drain then set aside.
- Cook bihon according to packet instructions, drain then set aside.
- Before serving place some bihon and egg noodles in a bowl, top up with soup and meat then garnish with spring onions, serve.