Pinamalhan Na Bangus is a Filipino dish prepared with milkfish cooked in vinegar and a little bit of soy sauce with aromatics like ginger, garlic, chillies and onions.
- 2 pcs milkfish, cleaned and cut into 1 1/2-inch sections
- 3/4 cup cane vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 whole garlic, pounded
- 3 pcs green chillies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- Place all ingredients apart from the olive oil in a pot. Layer first the garlic, shallots and ginger in the bottom then milkfish on top. Pour vinegar and soy sauce then sprinkle black peppercorns on top.
- Place pot on high heat, cover then bring to a rapid boil. Simmer in medium high heat then cook until almost dry but still left with a bit of sauce, this will take around 15 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil on top then serve.
I love fish and this looks good!
Looks like a relatively simple bangus recipe worth trying.