Bibingkoy is a type Filipino rice cake from the city of Cavite prepared with baked glutinous rice dough filled with sweetened mung bean served with tapioca and jackfruit in sweetened coconut milk sauce.
- 4 cups glutinous flour
- 1 cup sweetened red bean paste
- banana leaf
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ripe jackfruit, cut into strips
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cooked tapioca pearls
- Place glutinous rice flour in a bowl. Add water a bit at a time while mixing it with your hands, continue adding water while mixing until if forms a dough. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Get a small piece of dough, flatten it put a tablespoon of sweetened red bean paste in the middle then seal it to form a ball roughly smaller than a golf ball. Place in a greased banana leaf lined baking pan. Do the same with the remaining dough then place balls side by side in the baking pan.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 10 minutes. Then set oven to broil or grill setting at 180C then continue for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven.
- Prepare you topping, in a large sauce pan add coconut milk, jackfruit and sugar bring it to a boil then simmer in low heat for 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Add the cooked tapioca then continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Turn heat off.
- To serve, pour cooked sauce on top of bibingkoy. Enjoy!