Banana Meat is a Cebunao delicacy mare with ripe saba / cardaba bananas stuffed with savoury minced pork then pan fried.
- 8 ripe Saba bananas, peeled
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 500 g minced pork (15% fat)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 birds eye chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the minced pork, chillies and soy sauce, stir fry for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove pork from pan, place in a colander then let it drip out excess liquid.
- Grab the bananas, make a slit on the middle lengthwise like creating a pocket.
- Fill each pocket with a good amount of minced meat. Set aside then do it with the remaining bananas.
- In a small bowl combine together flour and water, mix well. Spoon this mixture over the top of the stuffed bananas.
- In a deep pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inches deep of oil. Place the bananas one by one, stuff side up then cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat place on a paper towel lined plates, let it cool then serve.