Singgang Daging is a Malaysian dish of beef cooked in a soup infused with tamarind, ginger, garlic, onion and other spices.
- 1 kg beef ribs
- 200 g okra, trimmed
- 4 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp black pepper, crushed
- 6 pcs shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, pounded
- 3 pcs birds eye chillies, minced
- lemon zest
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot add beef ribs, onion, garlic, ginger, coriander and chillies. Fill it with water just enough to cover the meat. Bring it to a boil then simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Add the tamarind pulp and lemon zest then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then let it continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add okra then simmer for 5 more minutes then serve.