Everlasting is a Filipino style steamed meatloaf prepared with minced pork, cheese, chorizo, raisins, pickle relish, capsicum and eggs
- 650 g minced pork (15% fat)
- 1 large chorizo, thinly sliced
- 2 boiled eggs, cut in half
- 1/2 cup grated quick melt cheese or processed cheese
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add minced pork and chorizo then cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the red capsicum, tomato paste, soy sauce and pickle relish then simmer in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the raisins and cheese, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, turn off heat then set it aside then let it cool.
- Mix in the eggs then set aside.
- Prepare four llaneras, generously grease insides with margarine. Place half and egg on each llanera then pour meat mixture into the mould. Cover llanera tightly with an aluminium foil.
- Place in a steamer then steam for an hour.