Lang Lang is a Filipino noodle dish prepared with glass noodles, chicken, pork meatballs and vegetables.
- 2 pcs chicken leg and thigh section
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp black peppercorn
- 1.5 litres water
- 500 g minced pork
- 150 g shrimps, shelled and chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp corn-starch
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot combine all broth ingredients, bring it to a boil then cook for 30 minutes. Turn off heat remove the chicken then reserve the cooking liquid. Once chicken is cool enough to handle, flake chicken then set it aside.
- In a bowl combine all meatball ingredients, form into small meatballs then set it aside.
- In another pot add oil then sauté garlic until golden brown and crispy, remove garlic from the pot then set it aside leaving the oil in the pot.
- Add the shallot then continue to sauté until its soft.
- Using a sieve, strain the cooking liquid into the pot. Bring it to a boil then add the meatballs gently one by one. Bring heat to low then let meatballs cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the flaked chicken and wood ear fungus continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sotanghon noodles season with fish sauce, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the snow peas, cover the pot then let it cook with the residual heat. Garnish with the toasted garlic then serve.