Lo Mein is a Chinese Noodle dish prepared by stir frying vegetables and meats then par boiled noodles are added and tossed near the end of the cooking process
- 500 g fresh thick egg noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
Meat and Vegetables
- 200 g pork belly, sliced into small pieces
- 2 pcs Chinese sausage, sliced
- 100 g shelled small shrimps
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- peanut oil
- fish sauce
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients together then set it aside.
- In separate bowl season sliced pork belly with salt.
- Prepare a large wok, heat peanut oil in high heat until it starts to smoke. Add pork then stir fry until pork is brown on both sides.
- Add the Chinese sausage then stir fry for a minute.
- Lower heat to medium then add garlic and onions, stir fry two minutes.
- Add carrots and cabbage then continue to stir fry for two minutes.
- Add the shrimps stir fry for a minute.
- Bring back heat to high, pour the sauce then let it boil.
- Add the noodles continue to stir fry until sauce is evenly distributed, you can add a bit of water if you prefer it to have more sauce. Season with fish sauce then serve.