Adobong Atay and Puso ng Manok is a variant of adobo prepared with a different meat cut, instead of the usual pork and/or chicken what is used in this dish are chicken liver, chicken heart and chicken gizzard
- In a pot sauté garlic in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add the chicken liver then brown all sides, remove from pot then set it aside.
- Add the chicken heart then brown all sides, remove from pot then set it aside.
- Now brown the chicken gizzard then add ½ cup water, ½ cup vinegar, ½ cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp peppercorn, 4 bay leaves and 1 tbsp sugar then bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until gizzard is tender.
- Add back the liver and chicken heart simmer for 20 more minutes in medium heat, let the liquid reduce then serve.