Pansate is a Filipino stir-fried noodle dish prepared with fresh egg noodles stir fried with meat and vegetables served in a savoury bed of soy sauce gravy
- 500 grams fresh yellow noodles
- 250 g pork, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/2 small Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 small shallots, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- sesame oil
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges or calamansi
- Prepare fresh yellow noodles by soaking it in boiling water for a minute. Drain, rinse with cold running water then set aside.
- Place wok in a high heat, add oil, and once hot add pork then stir fry for 2 minutes or until brown. Remove from wok then set it aside.
- Add more oil if needed then sauté the shallots and garlic, add the carrots and spring onions stir fry for a minute.
- Mix the corn-starch, chicken stock, soy sauce and oyster sauce, pour it into the wok. Bring to a boil and let the sauce thicken.
- Add the noodles and Chinese cabbage, let the noodles absorb some of the liquid and cook for 2 minutes in high heat. Add water if needed
- Add the pork back in, then season with freshly ground black pepper and fish sauce. Drizzle sesame oil on top.
- Place in a serving platter together with lemon wedges or calamansi slices.